Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas for garage ceiling storage?

stewiesnr
Having an Impact

Ideas for garage ceiling storage?

does anyone have ideas for simple storage

I have a ceiling in my garage and i was after some ideas for some type of storage hanging from the roof beams for light  but bulky items like christmas tree and decorations.

Appreciate any ideas

Steve

Re: ceiling storage

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @andrewrobbo and thanks for joining in the discussion.

Is there anything in particular you need to store? Would you also like to share a couple of photos of the space so members can see what you are working with and provide more specific suggestions?

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: ceiling storage

Hello @andrewrobbo 

Thanks for sharing your question about ceiling storage on your ceiling slab. Before you drill into your ceiling slab, I suggest speaking to the building manager or body corporate and asking them if it is safe to drill into the ceiling slab. If it is, I suggest using the Ramset 8 x 65mm DynaBolt Plus Hex Nut Bolt

I recommend a minimum of six bolts to hold the Metal Mate slotted angle frame in place. The rest of the assembly can be put together using the Pinnacle M6 x 10mm Zinc Plated Round Head Bolts And Nuts. But if you find that the size is too small you can go to the next size up.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects