Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repaint my carport floor?

Margolin22
Growing in Experience

How to repaint my carport floor?

I need a coating for my carport floor. It has previously been painted but the paint has lifted when hot tyres came to rest. Some of the paint is currently flaking. The carport is partly affected by sun and will also get rain occasionally. I have noticed a few products but with mixed reviews. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Repainting Garage Floor

Hi @Margolin22,

Thank you for your question.

If the epoxy that you've applied has already dried, you would have to put an additional coat over the top to keep the decorative chips in place. Rustoleum's Clear Gloss EpoxyShield Premium Concrete And Garage Coating would be the best product for this.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have further questions.

Jacob

Margolin22
Growing in Experience

As I indicated I have another pouch of the epoxy and rather than throw it out can I put that over the top of the existing epoxy coat that I applied a few days ago. I have flakes too. I can apply the clear gloss over that.

Hi @Margolin22,

Is there a reason you'd like to use the additional product? It's designed as a one-coat system, so adding the additional coat wouldn't be a huge benefit unless there is some reason, like the first coat did not adequately cover. It might be best to keep the additional product on hand for touch-ups or re-coating in the future.

To answer your question, you can mix up the additional product and apply it over the area you've already coated. You need to wait 24 hours for the first coat to dry before applying the second.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects