Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to operate Arlec IronHorse 15W 1400lm LED Rechargeable Clamp Light?

victoriacalhoun
Finding My Feet

How to operate Arlec IronHorse 15W 1400lm LED Rechargeable Clamp Light?

IMG_3404.jpeg

IMG_3405.jpeg

  

I have just purchased three of the WL0020 Arlec / IronHorse 15W 1400lm LED Rechargeable Clamp Light and unboxed them but I cannot work out how the clamp works as it is obviously been packaged for efficiency. The pamphlet included says absolutely nothing about the clamp, and there is nothing on YouTube that I can find. It doesn't articulate and the clamps do not open.  I did speak to 2 people in the Arlec / Ironhorse customer service team, who no doubt have never seen the product because they kept drawing my attention to the on off switch which is not what I need help with. Is there someone that could help me? I'm normally not too bad at working things out, but I have nightshift brain at the moment. I didn't want to start unscrewing things because I'm sure it is a simple fix.  Thanks so much.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Arlec / IronHorse 15W 1400lm LED Rechargeable Clamp Light

Hello @victoriacalhoun 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your Arlec IronHorse 15W 1400lm LED Rechargeable Clamp Light.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the LED lights current state? Are the clamps unattached and is the unit fully disassembled. If we can see what you've got at the moment, we should be able to guide you on how everything comes together.

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

IMG_3406.jpeg

Hi Eric, thank you for your reply. It comes pre-assembled, and obviously to facilitate packaging. But the photo of the Actual lamp that I sent you, obviously has the base facing up and the clamps are not opening and additionally it does not articulate. if you have a look at the picture on the box that might make more sense than I’m making right now. I just uploaded some images. 

Hello @victoriacalhoun 

Thank you for posting those pictures so quickly. Now the lamp in its current configuration is locked in place. In order to swing or move the upper part of the lamp a locking switch must be pressed or activated. This will release the lock and the LED lamp will swing upward.

Now it's possible that the switch to release the lock is either at the side of the clamps or the back of the LED lamp. If you can post a photo of the back of the LED lamp, I suspect we will see the switch.

Now the clamp operates like a clothes peg, in fact if you look carefully at their configuration it looks like clothes pegs. The open ends of the peg must be pressed together at the same time to open them up. Pressing one side will not make them open. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

I just can’t see a locking switch. I understand what you mean.

Hi @victoriacalhoun 

I'm passing by the store tomorrow. Allow me to investigate further, I'm sure there is a way to operate and release the lock on your light. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

Hi @victoriacalhoun,

I saw your comment about resolving your issue in the other discussion. I just wanted to confirm that you don't require further assistance with the light.

Mitchell

Hi Mitchell

Thank you for your comment. I worked it out, yes. I just needed to be a little more heavy handed with it. Thanks again.

Victoria

tonybburch
Finding My Feet

Re: How to operate Arlec IronHorse 15W 1400lm LED Rechargeable Clamp Light?

I am having same problem.how did you fix it?

I have the same problem. If I were any more heavy handed I will break it. How has this been resolved?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects