Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a peg board in rental home?

Div
Finding My Feet

How to install a peg board in rental home?

So I am currently planning to get a peg board which weighs quite a lot but I wanted to install it on the wall but the wall again is rented apartment so I want to know what are the ways I can Install it without damaging the wall.

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to install a peg board in rental home?

Hello @Div,

A very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're thrilled to have you on board, and hope you'll find it a great resource for useful D.I.Y. advice and inspiring ideas. 

Thanks for your question on installing a pegboard. Resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be back on the site tomorrow and will be happy to recommend the best way to do this without damaging your wall. 

Let me also tag some of our other members who have shared pegboard projects in the past to see if they can offer any advice in the meantime: @Prawns and @r23on 

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Im staying in a rented apartment but i wanted to get a peg board any ideas on how i can insta...

Hi @Div,

What's the total weight of the pegboard and the items you'll be hanging off it? That information will really assist our members in offering helpful suggestions. 

Have a read through this helpful guide on How to hang just about anything. It will give you a good idea of some methods you could employ. However, you'd have to drill into the wall if there is any significant weight to the pegboard and items. Have you considered building some leg system to hold the pegboard at the correct height, like a painting easel?

Mitchell

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Div 

Just to give you a visual idea of what @MitchellMc was talking about, I've drawn up a sample sketch of what your peg board will look like with the "A" frame legs attached. Please have a look and tell us if it will work in your work area.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Div cork board1.jpg

Re: Im staying in a rented apartment but i wanted to get a peg board any ideas on how i can insta...

I think it’s the standard Bunnings metal pegboard which is around 3 kgs I guess 

Div
Finding My Feet

Div
Finding My Feet

It’s a pretty good idea but somewhere I’m trying to keep that space empty by not having anything on the floor which is why this could be the last resort kind of a thing but thank you it’s a great idea 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Div

I just recalled how I designed a free-standing wall for another member to hang pictures. I suggest having a look at this discussion - How to build freestanding walls for hanging pictures? by @LeahBlacker. This would hold the pegboard nicely, I suggest adjusting the width so that it is the same width as the pegboard. Being made of timber you can mount the pegboard to the stand with ordinary timber screws.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects