Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fold down my fixed clothesline?

carpedion
Cultivating a Following

How to fold down my fixed clothesline?

Hi all, I am having immense trouble folding down this clothesline. Does anyone have any idea how it's done?

IMG_0466.jpgIMG_0467.jpgIMG_0468.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to fold down my fixed clothesline??

Hi  @carpedion 

Some  clothes lines you lift the front bar up 30  to 40  degrees until it click both sides then lower the clothes line.

Other than that it looks like some sort of cam latch on that strut.

Either way is be out side awhile  try  wd40 on the area where strut meet horizontal clothes line

I am  not 100% on this clothes line.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @carpedion.

I believe @Jewelleryrescue is likely onto something there. It's probably a cam that needs to be disengaged by lifting the line up first before lowering it down. Whatever the release mechanism is it's located in the fixture I've circled below as the other end is fixed to the frame.

You might also like to check the top of that mechanism or the un-pictured side to see if there's a release button.

You don't happen to know the brand, do you?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
beeker
Getting Established

I think the cam approach with WD40 seems right, and also suspect you'll need to raise it then pull that cord shown at the front - probably to stop the cam reengaging.

Matt

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @beeker. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

Keen eye you've got there! I had thought that was just a loose or broken line, but it does look like it runs back to the mechanism. 👍

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden. Please feel free to reach out if you ever need assistance or have something to share.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
carpedion
Cultivating a Following

This actually helped me, thank you so much!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects