Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add insulation to a garden shed?

Frederic
Just Starting Out

How to add insulation to a garden shed?

Hi! I would like to insulate the walls and roof of a garden shed. Have seen the Ametalin  foil as a product. Can you advise how to attached or stick the foil to the metal sheets?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Insulation of a garden shed

Hello @Frederic 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us and thank you for sharing your question about insulating your garden shed.

This is a very popular discussion in the community. I suggest having a quick look at some of the previous discussions on this topic as there are plenty of great advice and solutions discussed:

In regards to the Ametalin foil, it's usually attached to the timber frame of a structure before it is covered with cladding. In this case it will have to be done in reverse. I propose building a lightweight stud wall made of 42 x 19mm 1.8m DAR Pine Premium - 1.8m or a more robust frame you can use 70 x 35mm Outdoor Framing MGP10 H3 Treated Pine - 2.4m. Once you've constructed the stud wall you can attach it to your shed wall and the Ametalin can be stapled to the timber frame.

Here is a link to the installation video: Wall wrap installation guide.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects