Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What sort of board is this in our laundry?

Newbie2k23
Cultivating a Following

What sort of board is this in our laundry?

Hello again, 2 weeks ago I asked regarding waterproofing or water resistance in the laundry now we're about to remove the wall to

20230808_114313.jpg

20230808_114305.jpg

since we have to change it to villaboard. This one doesn't look gyprock to me or since I'm new maybe I'm wrong lol bottom sheet looks gyprock to me tho. Just removed the cornice for now till I get the answer since I'm new to DIY I have to double check if I should rip it off or leave it. Thank you all

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What sort of board is this in our laundry?

Afternoon @Newbie2k23 

To me (eyes) it all looks like gyprock.

Newbie2k23
Cultivating a Following

Thank you maybe because in my eyes when its a chalk it's gyprock 😂 thank you.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Newbie2k23 

It looks like gyprock to me as well. If it were a different type of board, it would often have fibres mixed in with the substrate or it would have a grey concrete colour if it was cement sheeting. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to the next update of your laundry revamp.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Newbie2k23
Cultivating a Following

Yes I did removed it today just  10% left on top of the door and little bit in the middle of 2 doors and where the 2 power point 

20230809_142209.jpg

20230809_142159.jpg

Newbie2k23
Cultivating a Following

20230821_140544.jpg

Hello, all just wondering do you guys know how can I remove this, please? It's a flat screw so I can't use a screwdriver or even the drill. Thank you

Hi @Newbie2k23 

They look like gyprock nails to me - a claw hammer should remove them.

Cheers.

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good Afternoon @Newbie2k23 

If they are too hard to get the claw hammer under you can just hammer them all the way in. The cup of the head of the nail plus cross hairs I was told is to hold plaster on better (When you cover the nail heads) It gives something for it to bind to.

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Newbie2k23 

Just to add to the suggestions made, I recommend using a Craftright 380mm Wrecking Bar. This bar allows you to pull out any nail in almost any direction. 

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when doing demolition work.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Newbie2k23
Cultivating a Following

Thank you all I will try tomorrow, btw  another question I'm going to DIY the insulation I bought it already but I'm worried about the plumbinallowedes Am I allow to put insulation on that 

20230809_113949.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects