Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry renovation ideas wanted

swapna
Finding My Feet

Laundry renovation ideas wanted

IMG_5907.jpeg

IMG_5906.jpeg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laundry renovation ideas

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @swapna. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about a laundry renovation.

I suggest you start by looking at our Top 10 most popular laundry projects for inspiration. There are plenty of great ideas that you could incorporate into your own renovation. You really have a great area that is prime for a budget-friendly makeover. Check out what @prettyliving achieved in a similar space with her Budget Bunnings laundry renovation

Without knowing your exact measurements, I've put together a rendering for you that would likely fit in your space. Looks great, doesn't it! It is really easy to achieve, too, by installing a bench across your appliances and installing some wall cabinetry and a tiled splashback. In a couple of weekends, you could have this laundry looking a million bucks for a very reasonable price. Let me know what you think of the render and if you want anything changed.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell for immedieate response
This really looks great, but in our laundry we have dishwasher, dryer, washing machine and I would like to have a long cupboard to put all the brooms, vaccum cleaner including benchtop and a draw to put the unwahsed clothes basket
Can you please provide the rough plan to accommodate all these in this plan

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @swapna,

All that is possible, but it comes down to available space. So, you could stack your washer and dryer, which would open up room for 600mm of floor space. That would allow a 450mm pantry cupboard for tall item storage, but it doesn't look like you'd have enough room for an additional cabinet/drawer that would be wide enough to accommodate a washing basket. If you can get me those exact measurements of the room, I can take a further look. Any chance you could relocate the dishwasher?

Mitchell

HI Mitchell,

I am sending the exact measurements of the laundry, unfortunately I cannot move the dishwasher to any other place
I need
1) tall cupboard

2) Place to accommodate all three machines

3) Overhead cabinetsIMG_5942.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Many thanks for those measurements, @swapna.

Here are a couple more designs for you. They both work off allowing 450mm for the tall cupboard, 600mm for the stacked dryer and washer, 600mm for laundry baskets, 600mm for the dishwasher and 600mm for the sink cabinet. The first will require some custom cabinetry work to enclose the washer and dryer, and dishwasher, but it leaves you with a really sleek look. You'll need to follow guidelines from the appliance manufacturers in regard to clearances and leave the doors open whilst running the machines. The second is more of an open look and is based on ready-to-assemble cabinetry. I've included the price and product listing for the second.

Let me know what you think.

Mitchell

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Laundry renovation ideas wanted

Hello @swapna,

Trust you've been well. I wanted to drop a quick note to check how your laundry renovation was coming along. Did you end up going with any of Mitch's proposed designs? Would love any updates.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions. We'd be happy to assist.

Akanksha

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects