Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace toilet flush?

poppylee198
Cultivating a Following

How to replace toilet flush?

image.jpg

 how do I replace toilet flushes? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: replacing toilet flush

Hi @poppylee198,

It appears that you might have a Fluidmaster 48mm Dual Flush Round Cistern Button. I believe you should be able to lift the cistern lid straight off to access the nut on the underside of the buttons to remove them. Is it just the buttons you wish to replace to improve their look? 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
poppylee198
Cultivating a Following

Hi Mitchell, 

finally getting around to this job! Could you please explain how we remove the flush? 
thanks! 

669AA8D6-4666-4A4D-AE9F-BFDEDB193B94.jpeg

Hi @poppylee198 

That Round cream  colored ring should unscrew anti clock wise.

Take  into bunning  for replacment help, take the whole toilet ceramic  if that helps too.

hope it fixed  soon.

image.jpg

Thanks so much, we will double check sizes etc but any guesses what these two would be? 

image.jpg

Hi @poppylee198,

There is a good chance that the first circular button can be replaced with either Fluidmaster 38mm Dual Flush Round Cistern Button or Fluidmaster 48mm Dual Flush Round Cistern Button. However, the second rectangular button will be harder to come by, and I am unaware of a replacement part. In this situation, you'd typically replace the whole cistern. You might like to speak with a helpful team member at your local store's Special Order desk. They can check with Caroma to see if a replacement part is available.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects