Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair leaking flush valve?

Connork
Just Starting Out

How to repair leaking flush valve?

Screenshot_20240206_150842_Google.jpg

 Hello everyone.

I've been having trouble with the flush valve leaking, I've replaced the washer multiple times but I haven't found one that works it will either flip up causing the valve to lift up and flow water or the water will just slowly trinkle down. I'm hoping someone has a solution that doesn't involve me having to remove it entirely and get a new system. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair leaking flush valve?

Hello @Connork 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your flushing valve.

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been able to eliminate the leak in your flushing valve. This particular flush has a very specific washer and must be installed in a certain way. I propose using the Kinetic Seating Washers, this pack contains two washers, it's red one you'll need to install don't use the white one.

When sliding the red flushing washer onto the bottom of the flushing valve, it's important that the center of the washer be seated properly. Use your thumb to center the washer to the center of the post. Next massage the outside of the washer so that it sits in properly. 

The washer will curl indicating that it is not properly centred, if seated properly the washer will stay flat and not lift up. Keep running your thumb around the washer until it settles and is totally centred.

Please note that the washer must also be centred to the assembly and must not be offset even by a millimetre. The reason for this is the generic replacement washer is an exact fit and has no allowance for movement. If done properly, when you re-install the flush mechanism there should be no leak at all.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your flushing valve repaired.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects