Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove shower tap to fix leak?

Bprice88
Just Starting Out

How to remove shower tap to fix leak?

Trying to remove the taps in my shower to fix a leak. Cannot get these rings undone. I think they are 22mm. Do I need a deep socket or 22mm ring spanner? 

also, what should I buy to fix the leak? 

many thanks! 

IMG_4090.jpeg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: removing shower tap, fixing leak

Hi @Bprice88 

Do you have a set of long tube sockets? They're inexpensive and available as a kit @ Bunnings.

20230610_135905.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: removing shower tap, fixing leak

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Bprice88. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing a spindle from the wall.

Typically you'd use a tap spanner to remove spindles. I normally just grab this multi-fit pack, which includes all the different sizes. If the included T-handle doesn't give you enough purchase to undo the spindle, you can add an adjustable spanner to the end to create more torque. Be a bit careful, though, as you don't want to risk damaging the plumbing.

If this leak is dripping from the shower head, you'd replace the valve washer.

Please be advised that in some areas, you might require a plumber to complete these works. You can find out by contacting your local council or building authority.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects