Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to prevent a steamy bathroom in a townhouse?

JaMink
Just Starting Out

How to prevent a steamy bathroom in a townhouse?

Just moved into my ground floor 1960s townhouse. Very small bathroom with another resident above me. There is no steam extractor or heater and one can’t be installed into the ceiling. Only a window that winds out a little   Any ideas to cheaply do anything about this. Or just leave it as is. As I live by myself I leave to door open while showering so no mould growth yet 🤞🏼

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: steamy bathroom 😳

Hello @JaMink 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your steamy bathroom.

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of your wall where the little window is located? This will give our members a chance to assess your wall and window. We can then make recommendations on what can be done.

In the meantime, I suggest using a Click 81cm Tower Fan pointed at your door every time after you shower. If the wall or window can be modified to accept a small exhaust fan, it's perhaps something you'll need to discuss with your landlord. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DIYGnome
Building a Reputation

Re: steamy bathroom 😳

Honestly the window is the cheapest solution, if you are a Tennant you could ask the Landlord to fit a through-glass mounted fan but as a Property owner this would easily amount to $200+ labour as it will require a Glazier to cut out a portion of the window, the other option equally not cheap is a wall mounted exhaust fan. 

I suspect you were hoping to mount an IXL-tastic fan/heater initially? 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects