Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to level a rendered brick wall?

atmatic
Getting Established

How to level a rendered brick wall?

Hi all, as part of my reno from the other post, I've got a separate question from it.

I was hoping if you could help me out on what to use to "level" the wall finishing of the laundry please. Attached picture as below:
laundry wall.jpg

I would defnitely do it after the plumbing has been moved to required location.

Thank you all.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laundry wall finishing

Hello @atmatic 

Is the wall constructed with concrete or plasterboard? If it's plasterboard, consider using some leftover plasterboard panels to fill the larger gap. The board filler will need to be modified so that it lines up with the wall. 

If it is concrete, I suggest using Dingo Fast Set Mortar. Please keep in mind that this is fast setting, and you have a limited amount of time to handle and flatten it. 

For the smaller gaps and damage, I recommend using Parfix 500g Ready To Use Multipurpose Filler. Ensure that all areas to be filled are clean and free of debris. Your goal is to apply the filler to match the wall's height, eliminating the need for extensive sanding and saving time. Once the wall is nice and flat you can then paint or tile over it.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
atmatic
Getting Established

Hi @EricL maaate, you're a beauty of a bloke! 👌

It is brick wall, so concrete...?

Thank you for the recommendations.

I ma currently just gathering all knowledge before getting in to it. I will post update as soon as I can.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @atmatic 

If it is a brick wall, odds are it was probably rendered awhile back. You'll need to use the Mortar to fill the gap in between. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects