Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a bathroom ceiling exhaust through a cathedral roof?

rohitbudhiraja
Finding My Feet

How to install a bathroom ceiling exhaust through a cathedral roof?

1000015219.jpg

Hello community members

The property has a cathedral roof, meaning there is no roof space available, which could pose a challenge for installing a ceiling exhaust fan. However, I have been advised that a ceiling exhaust can still be installed by running the exhaust vent through the small space between the eaves and roof tiles. Is this advisable, and if so, where can I find tradesmen skilled in this type of installation?

Furthermore, the bathroom windows are wall-to-wall, leaving no space for a wall exhaust fan.

I am open to ideas on how to install exhaust fans.

Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: bathroom ceiling exhaust cathedral roof

Hi @rohitbudhiraja,

You could likely vent straight through the roof using a roof vent kit and a ducted ceiling exhaust fan. However, it really depends on how much depth you have between the plaster ceiling and the roof tiles. If there is somewhat of a cavity, venting out the eaves is also an option if the bathroom is close to them.

In regards to enlisting the services of a tradesperson, you could look towards sites such as hipages or Airtasker.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects