Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Mondella Rococo tap?

redsta
Finding My Feet

How to install Mondella Rococo tap?

IMG_8688.png

 I recently brought these tap bits I installed last night but when I did you can easily just pull them off the stem there is a little hole at the bottom on the tap handles could this be a set screw hole no screws or anything in box so very confused any help would be greatly appreciated

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install Mondella Rococo tap?

Hi @redsta,

There certainly would be a locking mechanism to hold the handle on. The presence of the holes indicates that the fixing mechanism would be a grub screw. It's very unusual that they weren't partly threaded into the holes, ready to be tightened up fully when the handles were in place. Have you double-checked that they are not already in the holes and that a small Allenkey was included in the kit?

If the grub screws are not there, then I'm so sorry, but you might need to pop back into the store with your proof of purchase and ask a team member to provide the missing pieces.

Please let me now if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Ok found it 

have fixed everything and everything in place but there’s leaking occurring only a small amount from bath spout 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @redsta,

Are these residual drips that stop after a couple of minutes, or do you believe the tap isn't turning the water off fully? If the drips do not stop after a short period, I suspect the spindle depth wasn't adjusted correctly, and the gasket on the bottom of the spindle is not compressed fully against the seat. Did you adjust the height of the spindle when inserting? There is typically a nut on the spindle that moves up and down. Unscrew it back up the shaft and then screw the spindle in fully until it seats. Then, screw the locking nut back down. If you don't unscrew the locking nut first and just try to screw in the spindle, it can prevent the spindle from fully seating. It's a bit complicated to explain, but that's the mistake I made the first time I installed ceramic disc spindles.

Mitchell

The slow leaks are coming from the bath spout not the taps themselves 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Roger that @redsta! As mentioned above, it sounds like the spindle depths are not adjusted correctly, allowing water to flow out of the spout even when the tap/s are turned off.

Mitchell

When taps are turned off it doesn’t leak 

How to I make the spindles deeper 

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's great to hear that the spout is not leaking when the taps are turned off, @redsta. Can you please clarify for me then, when is the spout leaking? Is it directly after the taps are turned off, which would indicate residual water in the line? After the taps are turned off, do the drips stop by themselves within a minute or two, as that's perfectly normal to experience dripping until the water in the spout and line clears out?

Mitchell

Ok so when I just run the water through the pipe no leak but as soon as I put a bathtub head on it it starts to leak any ideas I’ve tried the old head and new one 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects