Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hook up laundry bypass kit for washing machine?

dchur
Building a Reputation

How to hook up laundry bypass kit for washing machine?

Hi team,

for the life of me i don't know how to hook up my Electrolux washing machine to a bypass kit.

I've purchased the "Kinetic Flexible Pipe Laundry By-Pass Kit" and understand how it gets installed above the trap on the sink side, but how do you attach the laundry hose to the other side? The inlet with the screwable seal is way too big for the laundry hose (below). Do I need an adapter or a new hose? The hose we're using now is the one that goes over the sink.e228529e-f5a8-4a35-a049-28a0aedd8c1a.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to hook up laundry bypass kit for washing machine

Hi @dchur 

The Kinetic Flexible Pipe Laundry By-Pass Kit is installed under the laundry tub the flexible hose bit is routed to either to the left or right access hole on top of the laundry tub. Technically it clips into place and then you push the washing machine hose from the top of the laundry tub into the flexible hose.

If you're asking, can it be installed from the bottom? The answer is no. If you are planning to link the exit hose of the washing machine it will have to be connected to something like a Caroma 50mm White Combination S And P Traps With Dishwasher Connection

You'll notice that the trap has a little spout attached to it. This is where the exit hose of the washing machine is connected to and clamped securely. Please note that the spout needs to be drilled out in order to function properly failure to do so will result in flooding.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as goggles and gloves when working on your project.

Please note that it might be necessary to engage the services of a licensed plumber to complete this work. If in doubt consult your local building authority.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
dchur
Building a Reputation

Ah that makes sense thank you @EricL ! Bit of a face palm moment for me 

Is that dishwasher connection going to be enough for a washing machine?

I've actually got the set you have linked to. The washing machine rubber end goes snug over the spout, I'm guessing I need a clamp too.

Edit: here's what I've done and it works perfect. No leaks. Ran a load of washing.

1000055840.jpg

Thank you!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Great to hear you've resolved the issue @dchur. Well done!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects