Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a towel ladder to a wall?

hrpaul
Getting Established

How to fix a towel ladder to a wall?

Does anybody have any ideas how i can fix a towel ladder to a half tiled wall and make it level? The top legs will be on gib and the bottom on a 9mm tile.

I looked for a towel ladder that had extendable leg options but could only find a couple of brands that sold them and none sold a ladder that would fit my space.

My alternative is to forget about a towel ladder completely in my bathroom 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a towel ladder to a wall?

Hello @hrpaul 

Thanks for sharing your question about the installation of your towel ladder.

I propose using a circular 9mm thick timber spacer either made of plywood or MDF. You can cut these circular spacers using a hole saw. Depending on the size of the foot of the towel ladder, I recommend a minimum size of 50mm in diameter.

I suggest painting the spacer the same colour as your wall so that it blends in. This will allow you to install the towel ladder to your wall.

I recommend using QEP 8mm Diamond Tile Drill Bit to drill into the tile. I suggest using Ramset 8 x 50mm Universal Anchor. This works on brick, concrete, plasterboard and hollow wall applications. I've placed an image below to give you an idea of how it can be attached to your wall.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects