Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a cracked bathroom vanity top?

Leone123
Just Starting Out

How to fix a cracked bathroom vanity top?

Hi,

I am not a builder, or have any experience with fixing things.

Is it possible to get this fixed? Resurfaced 

or the cheapest option. 

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cracked Bathroom Vanity Top

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Leone123. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a sink.

Given the extensive nature of the crack, I would suggest looking at replacement options. Your current design looks similar to a Mondella Rococo 1200mm Ceramic Vanity Basin With 1 Tap Hole, but you'll need to take some measurements to see if it would be a direct replacement.

There might be services that could fix and resurface your current vanity, but I'm unaware of any.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DIYGnome
Making a Splash

Re: Cracked Bathroom Vanity Top

Hello @Leone123  I suspect looking at the image you have provided that the fractured basin is a symptom of another underlying issue, the discolouration under the faucet (tap spout) is indicative of rust contamination, if the unseen plumbing hardware has suffered external corrosion then the expansion (through rust) could very well be the source/origin of your cracked sink top

Epoxy Resin could be used to sure-up the fracture in the short term but would be as ugly as sin.  

Without knowing the basin dimensions this would be around the starting price @  https://www.bunnings.com.au/mondella-rococo-600mm-ceramic-vanity-basin-with-1-tap-hole_p4844423

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects