Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to enclose my linen cupboard with a door?

bc1975
Finding My Feet

How to enclose my linen cupboard with a door?

I just realised my new build isn’t going to have doors on the linen cupboard. Stupid I know - anyway after some ideas on how I can fix this as there’s no door frame. Pics below. 

CFACE272-2423-40F3-A39B-E765AE5957A6.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: linien cupboard door ideas

Hello @bc1975 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about doors for your linen cupboard.

I suggest creating a basic front frame using 90x45 untreated timber. Since it is untreated you can sand it down or plane it in order to get a flat finish. I suggest using a Melamine Panel as a door for your linen cupboard. In order to give it a bit of polish, I suggest using either Hafele or Kaboodle hinges.

You can configure the doors as standard pullout, bifold or use a sliding door track to create a sliding door set. I've drawn up a sample sketch below to give you an idea of how it can be built. You can either choose to seal the top of the frame or leave it open. The timber frame will need to be painted white so that it blends in with the wall.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask when working on your project.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you EricL thats a great idea - is this something someone who’s never done anything like this before manage? I have a masonry drill and a jigsaw which I have used in the past yo make basic things. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @bc1975

I think it's possible for someone who hasn't attempted this kind of project before to complete it, though it will take some work. Another option you might consider is this Pillar 82 x 203cm White Monaco PVC Concertina Door. You'll just need to install a track at the top for it to run on. Concertina doors are perfect for concealing unsightly areas, are easy to install and have a convenient magnetic latch system. There are also a few other styles available.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects