Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to create more privacy with double glazed windows?

redburner17
Just Starting Out

How to create more privacy with double glazed windows?

I have a double glazed window in a bathroom that is clear glass and want to use this product to create more privacy: https://www.bunnings.com.au/dulux-300g-duramax-gloss-frosted-effect_p1400862

Is there any reason not use this on double glazed windows or any other points of caution?

Thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to create more privacy with double glazed windows?

Hello @redburner17 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about spraying frost effect on your glass window.

It should be perfectly alright to use Dulux 300g Duramax Gloss Frosted Effect on your glass window. It's waterproof, UV resistant and can be easily removed if you no longer need it. 

However, if you are after another option, you can also use Pillar 0.45 x 2m Frost Adhesive Window Film. It's an easy to apply window film that provides privacy as well.

You might be interested to read through this previous topic: D.I.Y. mirror tinted window by @prettyliving.    

Here's a handy step-by-step guide: How To Install Window Film

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to create more privacy with double glazed windows?

Hi @redburner17,

Let me extend my own overdue welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. I trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration from our wonderfully clever and creative community members for all your projects around the house and garden.

I assume Eric's advice was very helpful, but please let us know if you have any follow-up questions about your windows, or need a hand with anything else. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects