Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to change these laundry tap fittings?

jjebw
Building a Reputation

How to change these laundry tap fittings?

1000001522.jpg

Hello community, we got our laundry renovated and we're trying to change the taps.

The bit that there spout attaches onto sticks out too far from the wall, any suggestions as to what we can do? I.e is there a collar/cap we could put in between? TIA

SteveT
Finding My Feet

Re: laundry tap fittings

A Licensed plumber would probably have to tools to shorten and clean up the thread. This should allows the tap outlet to fit flush to the wall. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: laundry tap fittings

Hello @jjebw

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your laundry tap fittings.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @SteveT. Getting a registered plumber is an ideal way to trim down the length of the threaded outlet in your wall. Just to add to the suggestion made, you can also use a raised cover plate to cover the gap between your spout and the wall. I recommend measuring the gap you have and having a look at the cover plates available at the store.

If you're feeling creative and looking for something similar in shape you can use a Holman 50mm PVC DWV Push On Cap. You'll need to drill into the centre of the cap so that it fits into the threaded outlet and spray-paint it black to blend in with the tapware.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your wall gap sorted out.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects