Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to adjust this frameless shower screen?

ATCWork
Finding My Feet

How to adjust this frameless shower screen?

Hi experts 

I found the top shower screen is scratching the tile wall (Pic 1: RED circle). 

How can I adjust the the screen to about the the scratch?  Attached the Hinge photo as reference.  

I tried to loose the door side screws but I not able to move the door glass.   Thanks

RED is contacting the tile. Blue is fine.RED is contacting the tile. Blue is fine.Top hinge.  Bottom is the sameTop hinge. Bottom is the sameIMG_4124.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to adjust this frameless shower screen?

Hello @ATCWork, 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your shower door.

In the interest of health and safety, I recommend engaging the services of a professional shower installer. They will know exactly how to adjust it, the job will be under warranty, and you'll have documentation to prove that it was done professionally. 

The glass panels in your shower are called safety glass and if stress is placed on them, they will break into many small pieces which can cause harm and injury. I don't recommend making any other adjustments to your door. Door adjustments of this type will often require two individuals, one to hold the door in place and the other to make sure the fixings are correctly tightened.   

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for your reply Eric.  For my own learning, May I ask that are these two screws for?

IMG_4155.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @ATCWork 

I suspect that they might be used to control the speed of your door. But as I mentioned in my last post, I don't recommend making any other adjustments and letting the professional trades fix your glass door.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects