Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to adjust a shower door?

showergirl
Just Starting Out

How to adjust a shower door?

I’m installing a semi frameless mondella 1200x900 shower.

Install is almost finished , but the door clashes with the fixed glass panel , and needs to move horizontally 8mm.

How to adjust this ?  Can the hinge lugs in the base and top be moved , or move the hinge bracket’s on the glass door ?

Help 

wooshka
Making a Splash

Re: shower door

Hi @showergirl ,welcome to the community ,  can you post some photos of your shower screen so we can understand your delema 

Hi wooshka am attaching two photos to show what is happening with the door. 

IMG_9094.jpeg

IMG_9093.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @showergirl. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a shower door.

I haven't encountered this issue before, so I suspect something might be wrong with the installation. Are you certain that the glass panel on the left side of the door is flush with the frame on the left-hand side of it? If the door were to move 8mm to the right, is there enough room on that side for it to close and not hit the frame there?

I believe the hinge lugs and brackets are in fixed positions, so I'm unsure why this issue has arisen. I suspect the Mondella technical team would like to walk you through resolving the issue, so if you could go ahead and contact them via customerservice@mondella.com.au and include these images and a description of the issue, they'll get back to you shortly. Alternatively, I can contact them on your behalf, but to save the back and forth, it's best to contact them directly as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects