Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I fix a bathroom ceiling panel?

flickstar92
Just Starting Out

How do I fix a bathroom ceiling panel?

Hello!

I am wondering if I could please get some advice. When I moved in my place, a ceiling panel in the bathroom had been replaced and was replaced with a brown sort of plywood - it must have been when the exhaust fan was replaced. I have tried to paint it just so it isn’t a brown panel, but would like to properly replace the panel. What product would I need to get and could Bunnings cut the exhaust fan hole into the new panel for me?

5AD1C318-92E3-4427-ABB2-47C25C260AC8.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I fix a bathroom ceiling panel?

Hello @flickstar92 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your bathroom ceiling panel.

If you plan on changing the panel, I suggest taking measurements first and see if the replacement panel - Gyprock CSR 591 x 1191 x 10mm White Freshtone Diamond Ceiling Tile is compatible. I'm sorry but the store does not cut ceiling tiles. I suggest cutting the access panel for the exhaust fan with a craft knife.

I suspect that the replacement panel that is currently there was not cut correctly or positioned in place properly. I recommend taking new measurements of the exhaust fan outlet to make sure that the new cut you make is in the proper spot.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects