Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can a tile insert floor waste be used with any size of bathroom floor tile? eg 600mm square tile.

DJ50
Just Starting Out

Can a tile insert floor waste be used with any size of bathroom floor tile? eg 600mm square tile.

I want to tile my bathroom and shower with 600x600mm tiles, using tile insert floor wastes for showers and bathrooms. I have been told (but cannot confirm) that these are only suitable for use with tiles up to 300mm, due to building code. Can anyone confirm, one way or the other??

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can a tile insert floor waste be used with any size of bathroom floor tile? eg 600mm square t...

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @DJ50. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a shower grate.

That sounds like quite specific information if it's taken directly from the National Construction Code (NCC). I suspect that this might be a case of needing to use 300mm tiles to achieve a compliant bathroom installation, not that 600mm tiles can't be used with an insert drain waste. I haven't come across any information that would suggest that 600mm tiles are unsuitable for tile-insert floor tiles. However, if you are able to locate the clause they are referencing that might provide further clarity.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects