Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I paint my basin to hide the crack repair?

mk1
Cultivating a Following

Can I paint my basin to hide the crack repair?

Hi all,

I had a crack in the wash basin, however I filled up the crack with PC-11 Epoxy white color as advised in one of the other postings on this forum. 

Now I want to check if there's a way I can white paint my basin to hide this crack?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

MK

Expoxy.jpgunnamed.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wash Basin Repair / Paint

Hello @mk1

Once you've filled all the damages in your basin, I suggest waiting for the filler to cure. Once the filler is hard you can sand it down so that it will be at the same level as the surface of the basin. Please make sure to prepare and clean the surface before you paint it with the White Knight 500ml White Tub And Basin Paint

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to paint a bath ( the steps mentioned are applicable to your basin project )

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mk1
Cultivating a Following

Thanks @EricL for your advise, I am sure its cheaper than replacing the basin itself.

Its been few days I have applied the epoxy, and there is no water traces on the bottom, so no leakage.

Will share the results.

Regards,

Measum

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mk1

I'm glad the epoxy sealer worked out. If you run into any other issues, please don't hesitate to post a question. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects