Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I add a hand shower to the single wall mixer of a ceiling rainshower?

helenakeijzers
Finding My Feet

Can I add a hand shower to the single wall mixer of a ceiling rainshower?

image.jpg

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can I add a hand shower to the single wall mixer of a CEILING rainshower

Hello @helenakeijzers 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your shower.

The issue with adding a second shower head is isolation control. You've got to be able to turn off the rain head on the ceiling in order for the other head to function. Placing connections to the existing head won't work as you would not be able to reach the controls as they are near the ceiling.

Rerouting the plumbing would be an option but that would mean that the rain head on the ceiling will need to removed. You could replace it with a Flexispray WELS 3 Star 9L/min Chrome Havana Short Twin System. This has an integrated controller, and you can still use your existing shower mixer attached to your wall.

I propose speaking to your plumber and showing them the shower head and asking them the best way to reroute the plumbing.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello Eric, 

Thank you for your reply. 
Would a plumber be able to fit the following following instead of my mixer tap? Please see image . 
would the ceiling shower work if the plumber fits this mixertap with diverter and shower head. Would this maybe be the solution?

IMG_7770.png

Hi @helenakeijzers,

You'd need to speak with a plumber about their ability to actually install the diverter/hand shower device, but it would address your issue and allow you to switch between using the handset and ceiling rain shower.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for your reply @MitchellMc 
I think this is maybe my solution. But not sure if it would involve costly waterproofing and high costs opening tiled wall. I will get in contact with a bathroom plumber. 
Thank you again.

So far every bathroom place has told me it is not possible, but in a showroom you speak to showroom staff and they are not actual installers for this problem I have.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects