Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

BOSTON 2m Burst Alert Washing Machine Inlet Hose

pauldavidson
Finding My Feet

BOSTON 2m Burst Alert Washing Machine Inlet Hose

I fitted a pair of these "burst alert" hoses a few years ago - been good. I noticed one was red and the other was clear - so I went to Bunnings to buy a new one. There were 5 on the shelf and they all looked red too. So I have one clear hose and one red hose (that looks like the ones in stock). I thought they were only supposed to go red when the inner hose burst?

Screenshot 2023-08-20 144545.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: BOSTON 2m Burst Alert Washing Machine Inlet Hose

Hi @pauldavidson,

The hoses appear red from new but will turn bright red if a leak is detected. They are not clear to begin with. You can see one still in the packaging below. What happens is the burst water is captured in the outside opaque clear sheath and makes it go translucent, and the red appears brighter. I'll include an image of that below too. Check out the product page and click on the video. It shows you what will happen and how it looks when a leak is detected.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

All good - thank you. Turns out I pushed the machine (large top loader) too far back and damaged one of the hoses. Fitted two new last night and it's back to normal.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @pauldavidson 

Glad to hear you've sorted out your washing machine hose problem. I'm sure @MitchellMc will be glad to know that it's all fixed. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects