Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What was the last thing you bought at Bunnings?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

As I'm nearing the end of our backyard games room project, I had an eclectic assortment of items in my basket during my long weekend trip to Bunnings. There was some magnets for a gate, some wood filler, some paint and a new BBQ spatula.

Looking around at the store, it seemed many people were gearing up for a big weekend of D.I.Y. and gardening projects. There was certainly a wide variety of items in shopping baskets and trolleys.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: What was the last thing you bought at Bunnings?

I saw somewhere the other day a quick release chuck for the Dremel, similar set up to that of an impact driver. I was going to order one but then it said it only fits a dremel and not a clone (which is what I have)

Wood Working with Wayne

Hhhhmmm I grabbed some stain, sandpaper, wood glue and biscuit joins - nothing exciting on my last trip. I go a few times a week so it all kind of rolls into one haha.

Bunnings sizzle everytime it's there though :smile:

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Wayne

Wayne mate, thanks for the tip, but when I checked on the Dremel site, they had what looked perfect:

https://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=EZ407SA

but it only comes with the standard 1/2" rubber sleeve, not 1/4". : (

Then again, I could try trimming it down to size, or see if I can take the 1/4" rubber sleeve from the normal screw adjustment type, & fit that.

Yeh, I reckon I'll look into that, thanks champ. : )

I meant a quick release chuck so that you can change mandrels quickly without a spanner, but it isn't like the Impact Drivers like I thought it is a Keyless chuck like a drill.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Multi-Quick-Change-Keyless-Chuck-For-Dremel-Grinder-Rotary-Tools-0-5-...
New-Multi-Quick-Change-Keyless.JPG

Wood Working with Wayne
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Wayne

All good Wayne, but our boys have long hair, so anything knurled would tend to entangle their hair & yank at it.

I've since had a fiddle, & discovered that turning the mandrel while keeping the screwdriver stationary, works a treat.

What I've previously done, & I suspect a lot of other users have too, is lock the shaft, & stress out using the supplied stamped out (handleless flat) screwdriver.

Thanks very much for your input, everything's sweet, & I'm a happy chappy. : )

Great Wayne. I have a Dremel and have been unhappy with the spanner type chuck and will be looking for that keyless chuck of yours. You are always full of great ideas keep the ball rolling and I look forward to reading that post of yours about using the pegboard in your dust extractor system.
I brought some polyester bog from Bunnings as I am making a steampunk pistol for my wife when she goes to Super Nova so she can shoot nerf missiles at everyone. Hey she likes being a 58 year old fun chick. I am working on the firing mechanism so when it fires a blue light will shine through the barrel. ,at the same time.
Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Hey John1 sounds like you have a fun filled life going on there!
I have finished the Down Draft Sanding table now and it works great, stay tuned for the build story.
Wood Working with Wayne
Oldfart
Having an Impact

The last thing I bought at Bunnings was the latest Ryobi brushless hammer drill/driver. Seriously impressed! So much so, that I've replaced all the drills I use for my DIY demos with brushless Ryobi ones.
Having said that, I work there and I'm a tool junkie. I can't help buying new things on a regular basis, much to my dear wife's annoyance. She doesn't say too much, though, as I keep her well supplied with plants for her garden.
Helen
Having an Impact

Love that idea, how is it done? what printer did you use? Keen to learn more!!!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Helen,

If you'd like to ask a Workshop member a question on a busy thread like this, it's best to use our mention feature. You just need to type the @ symbol, then start typing the user's name. This is an example @Helen. It means the other user gets notified of your post by email. 

In this case, I take it you were curious about the prints on wood by @Mick0s?

Hope that's helpful.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects