Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What type of door seal is most effective for keeping rain and rising water out of the house?

neeloc
Just Starting Out

What type of door seal is most effective for keeping rain and rising water out of the house?

IMG_0783.jpeg

Our QLD house has a backyard door that has a weather strip on the outside but rain and flooded water still manages to get in when I rains heavily.

Am looking at adding another weather strip/seal on the inside. What strip is the most effective for keeping water out?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What type of door seal is most effective for keeping rain and rising water out of the house?

Hello @neeloc 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about sealing your door.

I suggest installing the Raven 926mm CA RP4 Door Bottom. It is a storm proof door bottom seal and threshold plate that is ideal where maximum weather protection is required. The RP4 multi-blade seal defies rain infiltration. It can be fitted to the square cut bottom of a door without removing the door, provided there is an existing gap of 25mm. It is quick and easy to fit to both door and sill.

How ever, if the gap at the bottom of the door is not enough it will need to be cut down. But if water is starting to pool outside your door, then a different solution will be required. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What type of door seal is most effective for keeping rain and rising water out of the house?

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @neeloc.

I trust you found Eric's reply helpful and I hope you have been coping OK with the very wet weather you've been experiencing lately.

I would also encourage you to post some photos of the other side of the door and tell us about your plumbing. Obviously the best solution will be for the water that is coming under your door to be diverted elsewhere before it gets to your door. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects