Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Should I put the insulation that fell out of ceiling back in?

barydos
Having an Impact

Should I put the insulation that fell out of ceiling back in?

Had some work done on the ceiling for some downlights. Some fluffy insulation fell out - just wondering if it's a good idea to put it back inside the ceiling or not?

Cheers

CeilingInsulation.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Should I put the insulation that fell out of ceiling back in?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @barydos. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about insulation.

If this were a new light installation, a portion of the insulation would need to be removed to provide clearance to the rear of the light. I suspect this insulation was simply behind the light fixture area. If the appropriate amount of removed insulation is considered, the remainder is negligible and doesn't need to be returned. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @barydos 

Hay  your insulation looks like mine  is treated paper (cellulose ) a very under rated resource and recycled material. Fire proofed rodent proofed  and they wet it with stuff that sets the top like a  crusty skin so wind  dosnt blown it around.  Lower cost too no itching.

@MitchellMc  is right a small amount of insulation from around lights is not a problem but if it adds up to be a garbage bag full collect it and next time you access the roof take it up and  tip it out  Either way you probably wont notice any insulation  temperatue  changes. 

I had to replace a meter square section of water damaged roof  so it was  worth while I collected it up and returned a big bag full after it dried out returned to the  repair location.

I call it roof yoga climbing through all the  frames getting too old for that.

I  put yellow tongue flooring in a open roof section as a  storage area for stuff we rarly use so I collect things to go up periodically and do and exchange of  stuff.

Thanks for the message, it's really reassuring to hear.

Thanks a lot for your knowledge and experience, it's really useful for me!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects