Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Patio sliding door lock upgrade

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Patio sliding door lock upgrade

Just upgraded a standard sliding door lock to a deadlock one.

The original holes on the were too far away to allow latching securely, I had to elongate the holes towards the edge of the door, using a small round file, this worked well.

i followed the installation instructions, all went well until I tried to deadlock the door, i had a problem being the only way to lock the door was to leave the key in place, making the door easily accessed.

after a lot of checking and taking the lock apart, i found out that you need to install the lock in the open position, I re installed the lock, it now works as intended, a deadlock😀

I just thought I would share this information for anyone else intending to install this lock.

JoeAzza_3-1712906654448.jpeg

JoeAzza_1-1712906571881.jpeg

JoeAzza_2-1712906588714.jpeg

It’s a Gainsborough Yarra Ridge deadlock sliding/patio lock.

JoeAzza_0-1712906537488.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Patio sliding door lock upgrade

Great tip @JoeAzza.

I trust any of our members installing that lock will appreciate your troubleshooting and advice. If the need to install the lock in an open position was not made clear in the installation instructions, which it sounds like it wasn't given your feedback, I'll pass that on to the supplier to look at for us.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects