Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to test asbestos in my house?

fan
Just Starting Out

How to test asbestos in my house?

how to test asbestos in my house

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to test asbestos in my house?

Hi @fan,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and that you are treating asbestos seriously. 

If your home was built or renovated before 1990, there is certainly a good chance it has asbestos. Before you start any work around the home, it is always important to find out where it is and what you need to do to protect yourself, your family and your neighbours. Here is some advice on where you might find asbestos in your home

The Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency asbestossafety.gov.au has a range of resources to be asbestos safe, including how to find a licensed asbestos assessor and/or removalist in your state.

Hope that helps,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
lynette-pinK4
Just Starting Out

aspestos sampling

20240403_084740.jpg

Re: aspestos sampling

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lynette-pinK4. We're pleased to have you join us and trust you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects from our clever and creative members.

I take it you are wondering how to test for asbestos? Please find information above. As mentioned, the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency asbestossafety.gov.au has a range of resources to be asbestos safe, including how to find a licensed asbestos assessor and/or removalist in your state.

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects