Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace odd-sized doors?

tmoyn
Growing in Experience

How to replace odd-sized doors?

Hi,

I would like to replace all of our internal doors but some of them are odd sizes and I think that I am going to have to look for custom made doors.

These are the sizes:

Bed room 1     1970 X 810
Bed room 2     2022 X 810
Bathroom        2000 X 810
Laundry          2010 X 810 
Kitchen           2040 X 812
Lounge           1980 X 808
Bed room 3     2000 X 814

I think the kitchen door is the only size that is close to standard.  What should I do?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replace odd sized doors

Hello @tmoyn 

Thanks for sharing your question about replacing the doors in your house. The good news is that you can order custom sized doors at the store. Before going to the store, I suggest double checking all the measurements of your doors. I recommend visiting your local store and speaking to the special orders team and asking them for a quote on all your doors.

There are many types of internal doors to choose from, I suggest having a look at these brochures from Hume Catalogues and Corinthian Doors

However, there are some great D.I.Y. options when it comes to modifying doors. I suggest having a look at these discussions - Front door and sidelight makeover by @homeinmelbourne, Internal doors replaced by @Nham and What paint to use on interior doors and frames? by @David4907.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects