Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove mould on roof and walls?

Kvic
Having an Impact

How to remove mould on roof and walls?

I would like to know what the mold is growing on the wall and the best solution to leave it alone, repair, pressure clean?

The wall mold does not bother me as I think it looks great but I am not sure about the long term cost of doing nothing.

As for the roof I am not happy with.

Please help with information about these molds.

Roof MoldRoof MoldMessing moldMessing mold

Green MoldGreen MoldIMG20230331132347.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove mould on roof and walls?

Hello @Kvic 

You have on your roof a combination of moss, mould and lichen, it can be treated with a combination of 30 Seconds 5L Outdoor Cleaner Concentrate and a pressure washer. However, I recommend engaging the services of a professional roof cleaner. Working at height requires you to have training and a roof harness that will protect you from slipping and falling. 

Looking at the photos of your wall, it seems like the moss has started to anchor itself to the surface of the render. If left untreated it will start to spread its roots and stain your wall. I recommend using 30 Seconds but using only your garden hose to wash it off to prevent damaging your wall.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when washing your house wall.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects