Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to insulate cathedral ceiling?

LoriGee
Finding My Feet

How to insulate cathedral ceiling?

V narrow space between ceiling and Corry roof. Foilboard 40 is recommended. Has anyone done this work ? Any tips? Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cathedral Ceiling Insulation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @LoriGee. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing Foilboard.

I suspect you might have already read through it, but to start, here's the Foilboard installation guide for cathedral ceilings.

How tight of a narrow space are we talking about here? The Foilboard needs to be nailed off in the lower section where the roof meets the ceiling with their fasteners, so you have to be able to get fairly close into the corner of the roof and still be able to swing a hammer. The rest of the roof won't be as difficult, but in close confines, it could pose a problem.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

A note to our New Zealand readers: The use of foil insulation products is prohibited.

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Very good point about the corners-need to get a corry sheet off one of the corners to find out-special tool for such tight corners??Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

No special tool I'm aware of @LoriGee. You could potentially swap out the nail for a screw in the fastener. At least then you could install it with a drill instead of having to swing a hammer.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects