Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Air-Cell foil underneath roof?

BoeingFan
Becoming a Leader

How to install Air-Cell foil underneath roof?

Hi All,

I've almost finished installing EarthWool R5.0 bulk batts in my ceiling; 3 bags down, I think another 2 should do it. My build recommended I also install Air-Cell foil insulation underneath the roofing tin and says it will make a huge difference (?).

I have a couple of questions, if I may, please?

• Am I right in understanding that the maker of Air-Cell is Kingspan?
  • My house has timber trusses, so is there a particular type of Air-Cell to use?
  • I don't see any R values on these like the bulk batts. I would like to maximise the cooling effectiveness in summer.
  • Can these be installed DIY?

Thanks in advance. New learning curve journey here.

Regards,

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Air-Cell Foil Roof Insulation

Hi @BoeingFan,

If it's the Kingspan Insulation 1350mm x 22.25m Air Cell Insuliner then Kinspan is the manufacturer and supplier.

Air Cell is designed for use in warehouses and commercial or industrial sheds with steel roofs and purlins. You could also use this product in your timber truss roof. There is no specific type designed solely for timber roofs.

R-values are given in the product brochure. As this product is designed for steel roofs, the R-values are provided for that specific use.

This product could be installed as a D.I.Y. project.

A note for our New Zealand members: The use of foil insulation products is prohibited.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects