Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix roller blinds blocking cupboard door?

YGordon
Just Starting Out

How to fix roller blinds blocking cupboard door?

Hi there, my husband and I are novice DIYers. We installed these roller blinds on our windows today and afterwards, we went to open the cupboard door next to it, only to realise it won’t open all the way anymore! *facepalm*

Is there an easy fix for this? Or are we going to have live with our rookie error forever?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

IMG_4545.jpeg

IMG_4546.jpeg

IMG_4547.jpeg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Please help! My cupboard door won’t open all the way!

Hi @YGordon 

Is it possible to lift those blinds a  little higher so only the top cupboard  effected?

Plan B might be take the corner effected doors off (and  remove the hinges )  and join them with a  piano hinge to the doors on the right so the right hand door opens with two panels into and out of the corner ,  

We all sometimes need to improvise so great  your learning  we never stop.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix roller blinds blocking cupboard door?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @YGordon. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing blinds.

Some great solutions there from @Jewelleryrescue.

Is that a frame around the window, and would you be able to mount the blinds recessed within the frame? Obviously, the blind would need to be of the adjustable length type and be cut down to suit. 

Please let me know us you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects