Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix ripples in lino floor?

Ready2go
Building a Reputation

How to fix ripples in lino floor?

does anyone know how to fix this kind of thing? "professionals" have laid the floor and tried to fix this bubble but have given up. now everyone is looking at me to fix it.

I'm told there is no adhesive used in the area but I'm also interested to know the process when glue has been used20230913_075837.jpg20230913_075845.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix ripples in lino floor?

Hi @Ready2go,

You could potentially try lifting the edge next to the ripple at the skirting board and pulling the vinyl back enough to apply Dunlop 1L Vinyl Adhesive under the area. You can then lay the flooring back down and smooth the ripple back out towards the skirting, starting from further into the middle of the floor. You want to try and push the ripple out towards the edge and skirting instead of just migrating it to somewhere else under the sheet.

It might be a little difficult to get the adhesive under where it needs to be. Picking up a large gauge syringe and needle from your local chemist could be a good way of injecting it under the sheeting.

Removing the ripple without placing adhesive under it could be hard, as the sheeting has likely not been laid square to the wall.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ready2go
Building a Reputation

cheers @MitchellMc !

do you think a marinade injector would be sufficient for the glue?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Ready2go 

Please just keep in mind that once you put the adhesive inside the marinade injector you won't be able to use it again. To give yourself a bit of manoeuvrability, I suggest adding a clear plastic tube at the end of the nozzle so that you can bend it inside the ripple of the floor. Once you have the ripple nice and flat, place a heavy book on top so that it does not pop up again. Once the glue cures it should stay down permanently.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your repair project. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects