Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a security sliding screen that won't lock?

aplas87
Just Starting Out

How to fix a security sliding screen that won't lock?

IMG_6997.jpeg

IMG_6999.jpeg

   

Hi all desperately needing some help. When moving my bed out of our room for the carpet cleaners, it appears I've done something to our security doors. They now seem to be sliding okay with the rollers but now the door won't lock. Any ideas to help? Thanks 

IMG_6997.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a security sliding screen that won't lock?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @aplas87. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about sliding doors.

So, when you turn the key with the doors open, does the latching mechanism rotate as you'd expect? If it does, get a helper, push both doors together to close that slight gap, and try to lock them. If it locks, that suggests that there is something preventing the doors from closing tight enough for the latch to reach over and grab the other door. Check the track to see if anything has fallen into it.

Do you have any idea what you could have done to the doors when moving the bed? Could a heavy impact have bent one of the door frames?

Please check to see if the latching mechanism is working first and let me know. We can then look at other areas.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects