Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean your home after the holidays?

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

How to clean your home after the holidays?

Between the food spills from the Christmas parties, the muddy stains on the floor and the mess in the kids' playroom, it's time to restore order and embrace the post-holiday cleanup. 

Do you have any tips or a cleaning plan in mind to get the house functioning again before we get completely busy with work and school? 

I just saved this Bunnings guide on Ten common household stains and how to treat them and will be using it as I make my way through different parts of my home. You can find more helpful guides if you select the 'Cleaning' topic in our How To section.

Would love to hear any additional tips from our members. Any thoughts to get us started, @RenoRach1@Tara86 and @homeinmelbourne?

Akanksha

How to clean your home.jpeg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Herrenovacation
Having an Impact

Re: How to clean your home after the holidays?

Something I have started doing to help tidy up after the silly season is making sure I have good storage.

I have started storing all my christmas/halloween/easter/birthday and other entertaining or decorating items in their own storage tubs/bags and labeling them so it's easy to find them when I need them next. Makes such a difference not just when stored away but when getting them out next time you don't have to pull the spare room apart to find that you need haha. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects