Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach festoon lights to Colorbond gutters?

foxhound
Growing in Experience

How to attach festoon lights to Colorbond gutters?

Hi,

I am wanting to install a festoon lights string which is about 10m long to a gutter. I have come across gutter hooks, both magnetic and normal ones but not sure if they can sustain the wait of the metal wire and then festoon lights strings. I am not wanting to drill any holes in the gutter. Gutter and the roof is colourbond. May I please request some suggestions.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Installing festoon lights on the gutters.

Hi @foxhound 

Thanks for sharing your question about installing festoon lights on your gutters. I suggest having a look at the Lytworx Gutter Hooks, Arlec Entertainment Light Gutter Clips and the Permastik™ Small Cable Clips Value Pack as possible options to hang your lights on the gutter.

Another method you can use is to run galvanized wire attached to an Everhang 20mm Zinc Plated Screw Eye Hook under your eave. You can then zip tie the festoon lights on the wire.

Here is a link to a handy step-by-step guide: How to install outdoor string lighting by @Adam_W 

I also suggest having a look at this discussion - Festoon party lights in backyard by @weekenddiyer.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects