Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach 3mm mdf to door?

PaulPiallamore
Getting Established

How to attach 3mm mdf to door?

Hi wishing to attach 3mm mdf board to a door to make a feature, just wondering what is the best way to attach it nail, glue,staple?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: attaching 3mm mdf to door

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @PaulPiallamore. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about attaching MDF to a door.

I'd suggest that a small amount of Liquid Nails and some bullet head nails would allow the MDF to be secured adequately. You could likely get away with either, but as a combination, they'll work best. Apply thin beads of glue around the perimeter and across the middle of the MDF piece, then use the nails to tack it into position until the glue dries.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thankyou for that, most helpful

Hello @PaulPiallamore 

Please don't forget to post an update. I'm sure our members would be keen to see the feature you'll be adding to your door.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi EricL, my wife has decided to go another way with her design with the door feature, I'm so glad I found this forum, will post photos once I have done this feature.

Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects