Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. narrow entryway table

Carmel1955
Having an Impact

D.I.Y. narrow entryway table

Entry to the house via double doors ....1800 wide by 1400 deep.

Hard to place or fit hall table for keys etc.

Discovered this SpecrRite panel yesterday with one side live edge at bunnings ..$30 plus 2 x furniture legs $8 each.

Easily cut panel down with hacksaw to 18 cm wide.  Will anchor bench to stud for sturdiness.

Deciding whether to paint or stain at this stage and will probably repeat on other side which will be even narrower bench width.

Happy with the result and thought I'd share...cheers

20221129_101104.jpg

20221129_100954.jpg20221129_101026.jpg20221129_103846.jpg20221129_100815.jpg

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: D.I.Y. narrow entryway table

Hi @Carmel1955 great job, I use the same product also, much cheaper to buy than Tas Oak, especially when on special price. you could paint it will a clear coat of varnish/polyurethane, I always use this product, it dries quickly  too.

JoeAzza_0-1669684647345.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Lovely work and great use of our new live edge timber panels products, @Carmel1955.

You've done a sensational job, and the style suits your entryway so well. Was it as simple as attaching the legs? I'm sure our members will be keen to give something similar to this a go themselves.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Joeazza.. thanks for the comment and recommendations...usually use Cabot's cabothane clear for clear varnish jobs...will live with it as is for a while could be tempted to paint in same black as the doors!!  Cheers 

Hi Mitchell...yes simple as attaching legs...as the table is very narrow i  will anchor it to a wall stud from below for stability....loving the panels ..cheap too, and planning more experiments!!!!

RenoRach1
Making a Splash

Gorgeous colour choices and styling. Stunning!

rocker
Cultivating a Following

@Carmel1955 this does look good and I can think of exactly that solution for my entrance hallway. But I'm curious to know why you used the legs. I believe wall fixing kits are now easily available. 

Whether they're any good is another matter!

I'd be fixing into a brick wall unlike yourself I guess.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @rocker

Let me tag @Carmel1955 to make them aware of your kind words and question. It looks like they wanted to link the table's construction to the black-and-white theme they have at the front. If you should place a similar table at your front entrance, please make sure to post an update. I'm sure our members would be keen to see how you would install your table.

Eric

Hi Rocker....was spur of the moment decision so bought the legs...don't know if my expertise would be up to an invisible fix to the wall....have anchored it to a stud with small metal angle...have bought the timber for the other side ..it will be even narrower so may try the alternative...cheers Carmel

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @Carmel1955,

Let me tag @rocker to let them know of your table leg response. Both styles would absolutely suit this space, I like how the legs tie in the lovely black accents in the entry way. Well done on your project!

Katie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects