Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Billy cart hand truck wheelbarrow for toddlers

Madmoggy
Having an Impact

Billy cart hand truck wheelbarrow for toddlers

I couldn’t get a Caterpillar sticker, or even a Karcher, or de Walt sticker to go on this some have left it plain.

I’ll send you dimensions if you want but basically it’s pretty simple to guess your size. I’ve found some stuff on the web and will include those as a guide. The littlies love them I’ve made two a pink no photos and this for a friends little chap.

you’ll notice I’ve “grunted” it up with twin exhausts and a V8 underneath 😂

the body is made with scrap pine glued with selleys exterior PVA glue and nailed. You could screw. The handle is 16mm dowel I had from another job and the bottom is 7mm ply 

the wheels I cut out off pine drawing a circle with a compass and cutting with my Ryobi jigsaw . They’re screwed into the two axles underneath (again scrap pine approx  25x25mm and sanded round so that each is pretty close to the others. Actually a bit of a wobble may make it more fun. I drilled a 4mm hole through the centre  mark of the compass to allow the wheel to spin on the screw and used stainless steel screws 65mm .

send me a message if you need anything painted with rustoleum spray cans  from my favorite place

4D48B09C-D4C3-4F41-B1E6-54D1B8E3C585.jpegB49C0041-50AA-4F4F-886D-6DB2EDDD6659.jpeg7F472863-13EF-4C6F-89ED-D02F027AE50A.jpeg647CBCDF-1034-4EAE-A871-03162CC2EA29.jpeg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Billy cart hand truck wheelbarrow for toddlers

Hi @Madmoggy,

This is a fantastic project! Your paint job is flawless, how did you achieve such a bold and beautiful finish?

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects