Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Adding glass to french doors

roofie
New Contributor

Adding glass to french doors

Hello..I would like some advice. I have two sets of french doors, but I would like to convert them into "real" french doors with the little panes of glass. Anyone that can help?

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Re: Adding glass to french doors

Hi @roofie,

Welcome to Workshop. We're pleased you could join us and trust you will receive loads of helpful advice and inspiration for your home improvement projects from our ever-helpful community members. 

You might like to share a photo or two of both your doors and an example of the look you are after so other members can provide more detailed and useful advice. It would also be good to provide a little more detail about what you want to do and what you think you might have difficulty with. 

Thanks again for joining in the discussion.

Jason

Show off your handiwork at the Workshop Gallery
roofie
New Contributor

I have two sets of french doors that lead out onto the patio. They already have the panes of glass in them. but instead of having the one sheet of glass I want to put a frame in the door to make them look like little english cottages french doors. So instead of having one pane of glass, it looks like mabe 6 little square panes in each door. 

AHoy
Experienced Contributor

I wouldn't consider that an easy DIY job @roofie. I'd recommend you get a glazier in to quote the job.

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects