Workshop
Ask a question

How to finish a pool pump cover roof?

kingy13
Finding My Feet

How to finish a pool pump cover roof?

Wondering if anyone can provide me with some ideas. I have built a pool pump shed/cover out out of the left over cladding I used on my house. I want to put a colourbond panel on as a roof. I am after some ideas as to how to frame the roof sheet to hide the sharp edges and give it a finished look. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: pool pump roof

Hi @kingy13,

If you make your timber frame with something like 90 x 35mm Pine so it's the same size as the sheet, you can add a face cladding board such as 140mm Merbau decking. I've constructed the rendering below to illustrate.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I thought I'd just add @kingy13 that you might like to check out this guide: How to build a pool pump cover. It likely won't assist with your Colorbond roof, but I trust future readers of this discussion will find it useful.

Mitchell

Thanks for this. This has given me something to think about as I was initially thinking of wanting frame the sheet with some type of metal/steel. Would you have any ideas on a type of metal frame/ flashing / tubing that might also be appropriate I.e would a gable / barge roll be able to be turned into a frame? Or potentially some type of metal fence rail or fence capping?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @kingy13 

There are quite a number of metal extrusions available at the store starting from 20mm x 20mm and up. It all depends on what your needs are and how you've decided to design your roof. This of is only viable if you are familiar with welding and have welding gear. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects