Finding My Feet

How to improve this area?

IMG_0318.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: please help im new to diy

Hi @sarahwelsh2185,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

Can you advise specifically what you are look for help with?

This will help our members to give tailored advice for your specific needs.

Jacob

I basically just want it to look nice and tidy with some rocks and screening like wood at bottom of  like wood screening 

Hi @sarahwelsh2185,

I believe the photo you have taken is of the crawl space underneath your house which is raised on posts. 

If this is correct, you might like to screen the area with horizontal battens. It looks like this may have been done in the past as there are timber strips attached to the concrete stumps. I would suggest this can be done with strips of suitably treated external timber such as 42 x 18mm 5.4m Moulding H3 Treated Pine FJ Primed 4 Edge Pencil Round LOSP.

You might like to check out How to build timber screening for some guidance on how this can be achieved and our Top 10 most popular screening projects for some inspiration.

Once screened off, you might like to add a garden bed in front to beautify the area. You might like to have a look at How to plan a garden makeover for some guidance. You might also like to read through our Top 10 most popular outdoor projects and Top 10 most popular landscaping projects for some inspiration.

Allow me to tag some of our crafty members to see if they have an ideas, @Renowayoflife, @Noelle, @Noyade, @Dave-1.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jacob

Afternoon @sarahwelsh2185 

Its a good rainy afternoon here to sit back and plan what can be done when its drier. I do like @JacobZ's suggestion of horizontal slats for covering the opening, I have also used Lattice Makers 1800 x 900mm Midnight Garden Screen Panel  and that worked really well. It was undercover and I oiled it so not sure about it being exposed long term to the rain is all. 

Outside bench is the project where I used a thinner width bamboo panel. I must admit it does look good. You could use these to span between the posts. If the distance is too far then you could put some horiziontal rails and then screw the sceen to those. Bunnings also have a LOT of differnent screens that you could use if you dont feel like the horizontal rails.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects