Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Which pressure washer would be best for this pathway?

mk1
Cultivating a Following

Which pressure washer would be best for this pathway?

8610A8AD-8137-48C8-848F-53EE735A5EB5.jpeg

Hello experts. 
I have this front walk way which I tried to clean it by scrubbing with a brush and clothes detergent. 

upon failure I learned that a pressure washer can do wonders. I went to Bunnings and found a huge variety of pressure washer. Got confused and came back without buying. 

can anyone advise me which pressure washer I should go for. Picture is attached to give an idea on what I have to deal with. 

ideally I would spend around 150/- but can go for more if there’s nothing which can do this job within this budget. 

Thanks in advance for your guidance. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Which pressure washer

Hi @mk1,

There are plenty of options around the $150 mark that will do the job adequately. I'd suggest you look at the Gerni 3000 1670PSI 1400W High Pressure Washer, as it comes with the patio cleaning head, which is great for large surface areas. I have the same unit; the only addition I've made is purchasing the Gerni 7m Extension Hose. I've had several pressure washers in the past and wanted a long hose so I could leave the motor unit in one spot and not have to drag it around. Still, the unit is supplied with a five-metre hose which is adequate.

Once you start going up in price above that, you find more powerful units that will get the job done faster. If you're like me and have a couple of hours to spare, the Gerni unit will do the job just fine. Remember, although pressure washers are amazing at blasting away debris, they can struggle to remove stains. If the unit struggles to restore the pavers, you need to use chemical cleaners like 30 Seconds.

Here are a few useful articles: What you need to know about pressure washers and How to use a pressure washer. Also, we have a Best Advice article on What pressure washer do you recommend?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mk1
Cultivating a Following

Hello @MitchellMc,

You have no idea how much thankful I am for suggesting me to go for the Gerni 3000 1670PSI 1400W High Pressure Washer. 

I have never used a pressure washer, but using this one was as easy and satisfying. It has done a great job and now the walk way looks like new. 

attaching few pictures. 

thanks mate. 

Regards,

MK

9B4E1174-0824-4333-A7A8-A3B560DEF125.jpeg

1570DCA9-D7F3-4CCD-A73E-07E43DE0AA54.jpeg

50B37652-8FE8-4049-889B-916E129DB3DD.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Amazing work, @mk1

Pressure cleaning hard surfaces would have to be one of the most satisfying jobs around the home. Out of all the cleaning jobs, the results really make up for the effort involved.

Many thanks for updating us with your results, and I'm so pleased to hear that my suggestion was useful.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects