Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What trim or flashing for a pergola?

Martin5
Finding My Feet

What trim or flashing for a pergola?

 Recommendations on Trim / Flashing options for pergola where the sheeting have a drop

IMG_1620.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What trim or flashing for a pergola?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Martin5. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about roof flashing.

How far do those timbers extend out from the roof sheeting? If it's under 100mm, you could use a Fielders 2.4m 100mm Zinc Angle. Alternatively, there's the Suntuf 3.0m Clear Polycarbonate Barge Cap that's 130 x 110mm.

It would be best to remove the last row of screws and fix the flashing into position. A bead of Sikaflex 11FC can be used between the flashing and the roof sheet to seal the area.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks MitchellMc for replying.

I'm looking to cover the colorbond sheeting and the batons. In the old set up we had fibreglass sheets which started to give way from wind blowing the sheets to cause it to rattle and loosen the exposed timber had wood rot.

The batons extends out about 4" which I've planned to cut as close to the rafters. The heights of the batons are 120mm, 90mm, 70mm and 35mm.

Please let me know if the above option works.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Martin5 

I would probably recommend the Suntuf 3.0m Clear Polycarbonate Barge Cap which is 130mm x 110mm. It is the bigger of the two width wise, but what is the overall length you are covering? The flashing is only 3 meters long and if the area is longer than that a second piece will need to be used.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

3.5 meters sheet length

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's unfortunate @Martin5. You'll need two flashing lengths to cover the space, which can be overlapped.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects